Bald Hills Wind Farm Community Fund provides money for projects of social, economic or environmental benefit to the Tarwin Lower, Venus Bay, Walkerville districts. This may include funding for local sporting groups, charities, community groups, education, culture, arts and other not-for-profit organisations or other community needs.
Bald Hills Wind Farm will provide $25,000 per year for each year that the wind farm is in operation to the Community Fund. Any funds not utilised will be carried over to the next year. This year, the Community Fund has $25,000 available for grants to community organisations.
Types of Grants
There are two categories of grants:
- SMALL PROJECT GRANTS: Small Projects will be awarded up to the amount $2,000 per project. Small Project grants are for the organisation to enable it to provide a benefit or service to the local community.
- DISTRICT PROJECT: One grant per year of up to $15,000 will be awarded to an organisation undertaking a District Project. District Projects must demonstrate community partnerships/collaboration and overall benefit to the district/wider community.
How To Apply
Ensure you meet the Eligibility for Funding. All organisations applying for a grant must:
- Be not-for-profit. Evidence of not-for-profit status can include the incorporation, charter, prospectus, or proof of auspice arrangement (i.e. letter of support/MOU). An unincorporated organisation can apply for funding by being auspiced by an incorporated organisation. Under an auspicing arrangement, the incorporated organisation agreed to sponsor the unincorporated group.
- Confirm the project is within the Tarwin Lower, Venus Bay and Walkerville districts; and
- Have been in existence for more than 12 months.
GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
- Click the links to download the SMALL GRANT APPLICATION FORM or the DISTRICT GRANT APPLICATION FORM to access the online form. Download the form once completed.
- Return the completed form and any supporting documentation to the Bald Hills Wind Farm Community Fund, either by email: email@example.com, or by post: Bald Hills Wind Farm, Suite 1, Level 1, 150 Collins Street, Melbourne Vic 3000
Applications are now OPEN for the 2024 Grant Process and will close on FRIDAY 5 APRIL 2024.
Assessment and Notification
Applications will be assessed by a committee of community members and successful applicants will be advised in writing.
The funding for successful applications will be paid by Bald Hills Wind Farm Pty Ltd, grants must be used within 12 months of their award.