The Bald Hills Wind Farm Community Fund was established in 2015 to provide ongoing support to local community clubs and organisations. The Community Fund is overseen by the Community Fund Committee which is made up of volunteers from the local community, with Bald Hills Wind Farm providing administrative support.
The Community Fund provides money for projects of social, economic or environmental benefit to the Tarwin Lower, Venus Bay, Walkerville districts. This may include funding for local sporting groups, charities, community groups, education, culture, arts and other not-for-profit organisations or other community needs*.
Bald Hills Wind Farm will provide $25,000 per year for each year that the wind farm is in operation to the Community Fund. Any funds not utilised will be carried over to the next year.
This year, the Community Fund has $25,000 available for grants to community organisations. The Bald Hills Wind Farm Community Fund Committee has decided that for the 2022 financial year it will provide two categories of grants:
- DISTRICT PROJECT: one grant of up to $15,000 will be awarded to an organisation undertaking a District Project. District Projects must demonstrate community partnerships/collaboration and overall benefit to the district/wider community. Applicants must submit an Expression of Interest for the District Project Grant by 5:00 pm on 4 February 2022.
- SMALL PROJECT GRANTS: Small Projects will be awarded up to the amount $2,000 per project. Small Project grants are for the organisation to enable it to provide a benefit or service to the local community. Small Grant applications will be available from 10 February 2022.
The applications for the projects should:
- demonstrate collaboration and increased community participation;
- show that the project is achievable within local mandates;
- demonstrate the need for the project and include supporting research; and
- take into consideration the approval necessary and the ownership/maintenance of any new asset.
Assessment and Notification
Applications will be assessed by a committee of community members and successful applicants will be advised in writing.
The funding for successful applications will be paid by Bald Hills Wind Farm directly to the suppliers of goods and services, upon presentation of a tax invoice. Grants must be used within 12 months of their award.
2021 Grant Winners
The Bald Hills Wind Farm Community Fund held its 2021 Presentation evening on 23 June in Tarwin Lower and awarded its 2021 District Grant of $5,000 to the Tarwin Lower Mechanics Institute and several $2,000 Small Grants to various community groups including the Tarwin District Auto & Machinery Club, Tarwin Lower & District Community Health Centre, Venus Bay & District Community Emergency Response Team and the Venus Bay Community Centre.
If you are interested in applying for a position on the Committee, please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org